Tipperary Racecourse is a horse racing venue in County Tipperary, Ireland which stages both National Hunt and Flat racing. The course is located adjacent to Limerick Junction railway station and approximately two miles from Tipperary town. Tipperary Racecourse is owned by Horse Racing Ireland. The course is left-handed and flat and measures one mile and two furlongs round. There is a five furlong sprint track which joins the main racecourse at the start of the straight
The first recorded racemeeting at Tipperary Races at Barronstown Course was on March 27, 1848 but at the current Limerick Junction racetrack it was September 1916 when the meeting was attended by trainers Senator J.J. Parkinson, Stephen Grehan and Charles Moore. It remained Limerick Junction until the name was changed to Tipperary in 1986.
Racing from April to October and offering a mixture of top-class National Hunt (jump) and Flat racing, Tipperary is at its busiest at the height of the summer but hosts its biggest meeting of the year on the first Sunday of October. The "Super Sunday" meeting is the only race meeting to stage Graded National Hunt (jump) races and a Group race on the Flat on the same card. It draws the largest crowd of the year to the racecourse which also hosts a number of popular summer evening meetings. Tipperary is situated adjacent to Limerick Junction railway station and is only a matter of kilometres outside Tipperary town, on the main Limerick road.